Expressive Art Therapy
We will work with a theme that is present in your life and apply the Life/Art process into our work. Life/Art process invites us to bring a life story into the process of art making. We will approach the theme/metaphor in your life using expressive art therapy techniques such as movement, drawing, writing, sound, and theater. The Life/Art process modality believes that the person already has resources and uses techniques of symbology rather than analytical therapy modalities. I am excited to be a bridge between your subconscious and witnessing self :)
How a session might look like:
- Identifying a challenge that is present in your life
- Expressing this challenge by connecting with the subconscious through art
- Finding a resource that can support you during this challenge
- Expressing this resource through art
- Transforming the challenge by releasing it's hold and gaining new perspectives
- In the end of the session you will have 2 drawings, writings, and new insights.
- Just willingness! No experience with drawing, movement, or writing is necessary. The modality is rooted in the belief that "Everybody can dance, write, and draw!" and our task is to explore your unique expression.
Our session will be inspired by the element of spontaneity and improv, so be prepared for surprises! :) Mistakes don't exist, all parts of you are welcome.
Training & Qualifications
I am a certified Movement based Expressive Art Therapy student at Tamalpa Institute, studying Level 2 Embodied Leadership. I combine my studies of Mayan Abdominal Massage, Breath work, Reiki (level 2 student), Jungian Psychology, and rituals.
Availability & Preferences
I'm usually free during the weekdays.